Renewable and cogeneration energy providers, energy services companies and contractors offering energy conservation services and energy consumers of all sizes turn to us for guidance and assistance. The firm has an extensive background in renewable and on-site generation as well as energy retrofit and conservation projects. We advise clients throughout the energy industry and can serve as outside general counsel to developers and energy services companies.
Our capabilities and experience
- Energy generation and gas supply projects such as solar, photovoltaic and commercial thermal solar, cogeneration, biomass and biogas installations; waste to energy; wind and municipal and energy-related equipment lease transactions
- Served as outside general counsel to an energy services company; also represented several other energy services companies, host facilities, manufacturers, owners, contractors, consultants and energy sector contractors
- Representing sellers of renewable energy in transactions with utilities—such as interconnection
- Energy incentive programs
- Waste to energy projects
- Advice to owners and operators of steam production and chilled water facilities.
- Energy and carbon/green trading
- Private transmission and interconnection of power from renewable sources
Examples of recent experience
Solar Generating Project Developer: Regulatory, contractual matters and financing of projects. Peter Funk represented MC Solar Development, the developer of one of the largest new solar installations in NYC at GAL Manufacturing near Yankee Stadium
Provider of Cogeneration and Energy Conservation Measures: Served as a project attorney for Urban Greenfit, the developer of an innovative multi-component energy conservation and generation project at Roosevelt Landings. This project included cogeneration, new boilers, energy conservation and management measures to several large apartment buildings as well as innovative measures to enhance the existing submeters.