Our attorneys have provided services to financial entities, energy services companies, developers, host facilities and others relative to financing energy projects, investing in energy companies and others involved in the financial side of energy projects. The firm has an extensive background in financing energy generation and conservation projects and in connection with financing related to the purchasing and sales of energy commodities. We advise clients throughout the energy industry.
Capabilities and experience
- Energy project financing services
- Structuring, preparation of documents and handling financial transactions for energy projects
- Advice to investment companies relative to energy matters and regulatory compliance
- Due diligence services in connection with financings and mergers; for example the acquisition of fuel oil distribution company
- Rendering opinion letters under New York State law for energy and financing transactions
- Private placements in connection with financing solar and other renewable power projects
- Project financing in connection with renewable and alternative power installations
- Conventional debt financings
- Innovative financing structures based on client needs and available incentives
- Assistance to public entities in connection with energy conservation and cogeneration projects
- Public housing authorities ($22 million energy conservation project), school districts, municipalities
- Municipal lease transactions for public sector projects including public housing authorities and school districts representing both ESCOs and public parties
Examples of recent experience
Solar Developer: Prepared loan documents for client developing solar projects in several states.
Multi-State ESCO: Served as New York State energy counsel and provided an opinion letter relative to a transaction involving Macquarie Energy LLC, a supplier of electricity and gas to ESCOs, which also provided financing of purchases to Viridian, LLC, Public Power LLC and their affiliates in several states.