Experience and capabilities
- Energy project financing services
- Structuring, preparation of documents and handling financial transactions for energy projects
- Advice to investment companies relative to energy matters and regulatory compliance
- Due diligence services in connection with financings and mergers; for example the acquisition of fuel oil distribution company
- Rendering opinion letters under New York State law for energy and financing transactions
- Private placements in connection with financing solar and other renewable power projects
- Project financing in connection with renewable and alternative power installations
- Conventional debt financings
- Innovative financing structures based on client needs and available incentives
- Assistance to public entities in connection with energy conservation and cogeneration projects
- Public housing authorities ($22 million energy conservation project), school districts, municipalities
- Municipal lease transactions for public sector projects including public housing authorities and school districts representing both ESCOs and public parties
Examples of recent experience
Solar Developer: Prepared loan documents for client developing solar projects in several states.
Multi-State ESCO: Served as New York State energy counsel and provided an opinion letter relative to a transaction involving Macquarie Energy LLC, a supplier of electricity and gas to ESCOs, which also provided financing of purchases to Viridian, LLC, Public Power LLC and their affiliates in several states.