Experience and capabilities
- Preparation, negotiation and review of energy supply contracts including representations of sellers and buyers of electricity and gas (natural, landfill and biogas)
- Review and negotiation or contracts on behalf of multi-state owners of facilities seeking electric power from national energy services companies
- Procurement and transportation of fuel. This includes providing and negotiating contracts for the purchase and transportation of coal for large power plants
- Representing owners and managers of buildings contracting with ESCOs for sale and purchase of electricity and gas
- Representing ESCOs selling electricity and gas
- Representing customers in disuptes with suppliers and utilities
Examples of recent experience
ESCO Selling Electricity and Gas in Several States and Fuel Oil Company: Developed contracts for financing and performing oil to gas boiler conversations and lighting retrofits.
US Multi-State Property Owner: Reviewed, revised and assisted in negotiating an electricity purchase contract with a national seller of electric power.
Multi-State ESCO: Served as New York State energy counsel and provided an opinion letter relative to a transaction involving Macquarie Energy LLC, a supplier of electricity and gas to ESCOs which also provided financing of purchases to Viridian, LLC, Public Power LLC and their affiliates in several states.