NEW YORK, NY (February 11, 2016) — Peter V.K. Funk, Jr. participated in a program for building owners, building engineers and property managers hosted by the New York Association of Realty Managers (NYARM) in New York City. He covered issues and remedies relating to customers with dual fuel burners taking interruptible utility gas. Mr. Funk’s presentation focused on:
- Requirements to switch from gas to oil as a burner fuel;
- Financial penalties for customers that fail to manually switch upon notice or to have equipment that does not switch from gas consumption upon receiving utility automatic switching signal;
- Possible remedial actions that can be taken by customers;
- Time frames for taking such actions; and
- Legal issues involved with interruptible gas.
Peter Funk is an energy attorney whose renewable and alternative energy practice encompasses comprehensive handling of renewable energy, cogeneration and energy conservation projects. Engagements have included private and public on-site cogeneration, metering, renewable energy conservation measures, energy management and data centers as well as solar, biomass and biogas installations and waste-to-energy.
Funk is co-founder of the energy law boutique Funk & Zeifer LLP based in New York City.
NYARM is dedicated to raising the standard of excellence for the real estate and property management professionals through education, information, legislative initiatives and a peer network.