You may contact Peter Funk at 917-886-6296.
NEW YORK, NY (January 23, 2018) — Energy attorney Peter V.K. Funk, Jr. presented a program for building owners, coop and condo building boards, building engineers, landlords and others hosted by the New York Association of Realty Managers (NYARM) in New York City. He covered penalties and steps to avoid them, and legal issues involved with interruptible gas and provided informative materials. This program was an update from Mr. Funk’s presentation in February 2016. Specifically he addressed:
- Financial penalties for customers that fail to manually switch upon notice or fail to have equipment that switches from gas consumption automatically upon notice from a utility
- Possible remedial actions that can be taken by customers
- Time frames for taking such actions
- Legal issues involved with interruptible gas
- Specific examples of the circumstances and NY PSC cases in which customers were able to avoid penalties or not.
Peter Funk is an energy attorney whose renewable and alternative energy practice encompasses comprehensive handling of renewable energy, cogeneration and energy conservation projects. Engagements have included private and public on-site cogeneration, metering, renewable energy conservation measures, energy management and data centers as well as solar, biomass and biogas installations and waste-to-energy.
Funk is co-founder of the energy law boutique Funk & Zeifer LLP based in New York City.
NYARM is dedicated to raising the standard of excellence for the real estate and property management professionals through education, information, legislative initiatives and a peer network.